Indiana Inline
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Indiana Inline

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Latest topics
» I'll be in Indy 'til Sunday
Got some free skates from K2 *updated w/pics* EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 11:45 pm by Jake

» Skate 6-13?
Got some free skates from K2 *updated w/pics* EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 12:03 pm by EricR

» Any Body In Fishers?
Got some free skates from K2 *updated w/pics* EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 12:01 pm by EricR

» West Lafayette weekly night session (details inside)
Got some free skates from K2 *updated w/pics* EmptyWed May 16, 2012 10:01 am by Rich

» Black and Blue (small edit) Shot w/ RedCam
Got some free skates from K2 *updated w/pics* EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 10:20 pm by dirtyface

» Huge EBAY listing! Valos, salomons, xsjado footwraps, and my muthafuckin wii
Got some free skates from K2 *updated w/pics* EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 10:24 pm by Seth

» My section from Quitters.
Got some free skates from K2 *updated w/pics* EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 12:46 am by Dan Moroney

» Our new skate couch
Got some free skates from K2 *updated w/pics* EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 11:47 pm by Sma

» Chris Lenfert...
Got some free skates from K2 *updated w/pics* EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 6:33 pm by EricR

Got some free skates from K2 *updated w/pics*

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
VM

VM

1337 Meter : 6158

Got some free skates from K2 *updated w/pics* Empty
PostSubject: Got some free skates from K2 *updated w/pics*   Got some free skates from K2 *updated w/pics* EmptyTue May 25, 2010 9:44 pm

K2 team manager Mike Powell is going to hook me up with a free pair of the Varsity skates Very Happy and i get to keep them!

expect a full review with lots of quality photos and detailed a breakdown of these skates. Several pages have been set aside for the next issue of Balance, so rest assured that i won't skimp on anything.

fucking stoked Very Happy

also, Mike Powell will have an interview in the same issue, as well. Louie Zamora might be the one interviewing him. Unfortunately, Louie is not comfortable being in the spotlight in any magazines right now so an interview with him is not on horizon. maybe someday Very Happy

Last edited by VM on Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sma

Sma

1337 Meter : 5952

PostSubject: Re: Got some free skates from K2 *updated w/pics*   Got some free skates from K2 *updated w/pics* EmptyTue May 25, 2010 10:53 pm

awesome vince! Good to hear K2 is showing you some love. Does this mean your knee is in skating shape again?
Back to top Go down
VM

VM

PostSubject: Re: Got some free skates from K2 *updated w/pics*   Got some free skates from K2 *updated w/pics* EmptyTue May 25, 2010 11:38 pm

By the time i need to wear them, i will not be able to do grinds or gaps. i will be able to skate transitions to a certain extent, and air out. but someone in Indianapolis who wears a size 11 can test them out, if they'd like. I'm not going to be a stingy douche about it. they're free for crying out loud. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sma

Sma

PostSubject: Re: Got some free skates from K2 *updated w/pics*   Got some free skates from K2 *updated w/pics* EmptyWed May 26, 2010 2:25 pm

size 11, right here! Laughing
Back to top Go down
VM

VM

PostSubject: Re: Got some free skates from K2 *updated w/pics*   Got some free skates from K2 *updated w/pics* EmptyWed May 26, 2010 3:01 pm

Hahaha, perfect!

i'll give you a call after I have taken them apart, photographed everything, and put them back together. Sound good to you?
Back to top Go down
Sma

Sma

PostSubject: Re: Got some free skates from K2 *updated w/pics*   Got some free skates from K2 *updated w/pics* EmptyWed May 26, 2010 8:26 pm

Sounds good, but I think I should still give it about 2 more weeks till I skate again. My dislocated elbow is almost fine again, but I want to be careful and wait a bit longer.
Back to top Go down
VM

VM

PostSubject: Re: Got some free skates from K2 *updated w/pics*   Got some free skates from K2 *updated w/pics* EmptyWed May 26, 2010 11:10 pm

i don't expect the skates will be in a condition to skate until later in June so that works out fine Smile
Back to top Go down
VM

VM

PostSubject: Re: Got some free skates from K2 *updated w/pics*   Got some free skates from K2 *updated w/pics* EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 1:31 am

VM wrote:
also, Mike Powell will have an interview in the same issue, as well. Louie Zamora might be the one interviewing him. Unfortunately, Louie is not comfortable being in the spotlight in any magazines right now so an interview with him is not on horizon. maybe someday Very Happy

**UPDATE**

got the skates:

Got some free skates from K2 *updated w/pics* DSC_0385

I spoke with Louie on the phone for a 1/2 hour today, and he is very excited to do an interview with Balance. He'll be explaining what he is currently working on with K2 and sharing what he's been up to over the years with his family and job, as well as some reminiscing over the glory days of the late 90s.

I have a photographer that used to shoot on the regular for Daily Bread and Box magazines named Zack Podell, who will be taking photos of Louie in Southern California for the interview.

bounce
Back to top Go down
BP

BP

1337 Meter : 5884

PostSubject: Re: Got some free skates from K2 *updated w/pics*   Got some free skates from K2 *updated w/pics* EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 7:06 pm

man those skates look so fresh..love em
Back to top Go down
VM

VM

PostSubject: Re: Got some free skates from K2 *updated w/pics*   Got some free skates from K2 *updated w/pics* EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 10:33 pm

I finished transcribing my interview with Louie last night. So far it's 2,885 words Shocked Mike Powell's interview will certainly answer a lot of questions about the status of K2s aggressive line, and answer for some of the decisions made by the company over the years.

just waiting on Louie's photos, should be over the next week to ten days. I took about 150 shots of the skates from every angle focusing on different parts of the skates. So far, they skate like a dream.

Here's a throw away shot I'm not using in the review:

Got some free skates from K2 *updated w/pics* DSC_0113

I just can't wait for the solid black boots and cuffs version that Louie designed. I was going to dye these, but since I know that the black ones do exist, I'm not going to tear these apart like I had intended.

On a happy note, I may be doing some consulting work for K2 soon, probably just testing prototypes. Even if it's not a paid gig, I'm excited Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Wonton

Wonton

1337 Meter : 5497

PostSubject: Re: Got some free skates from K2 *updated w/pics*   Got some free skates from K2 *updated w/pics* EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 10:49 pm

those are some nice skates... i think it was chad rolling on them in zionzville a couple of weeks ago.. may be the wrong person but i noticed the varsity K2s... good lookin stuff meng Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got some free skates from K2 *updated w/pics*   Got some free skates from K2 *updated w/pics* Empty

Back to top Go down

Got some free skates from K2 *updated w/pics*
Page 1 of 1