Indiana Inline
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Indiana Inline

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Latest topics
» I'll be in Indy 'til Sunday
Indy skateshop??? EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 11:45 pm by Jake

» Skate 6-13?
Indy skateshop??? EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 12:03 pm by EricR

» Any Body In Fishers?
Indy skateshop??? EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 12:01 pm by EricR

» West Lafayette weekly night session (details inside)
Indy skateshop??? EmptyWed May 16, 2012 10:01 am by Rich

» Black and Blue (small edit) Shot w/ RedCam
Indy skateshop??? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 10:20 pm by dirtyface

» Huge EBAY listing! Valos, salomons, xsjado footwraps, and my muthafuckin wii
Indy skateshop??? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 10:24 pm by Seth

» My section from Quitters.
Indy skateshop??? EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 12:46 am by Dan Moroney

» Our new skate couch
Indy skateshop??? EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 11:47 pm by Sma

» Chris Lenfert...
Indy skateshop??? EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 6:33 pm by EricR

Indy skateshop???

Go down 
+4
Chris L.
VM
CJS.Film
EricR
8 posters
AuthorMessage
EricR

1337 Meter : 6212

Indy skateshop??? Empty
PostSubject: Indy skateshop???   Indy skateshop??? EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 10:56 pm

So a friend of mine just bought the Nora Bike and Skate at 86th and the Monon and is thinking about selling aggressive skates. They already sold bikes and skateboards but does anyone think he could actually make money selling skates? Don't get me wrong it would be awesome to have a shop here but would it be a smart business decision?
Back to top Go down
CJS.Film

1337 Meter : 5773

Indy skateshop??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indy skateshop???   Indy skateshop??? EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 11:07 pm

they already have like a pair of rollerblade skates and some 2R wheels and idk if people would buy maybe frames and wheels but idk about skates
Back to top Go down
VM

VM

1337 Meter : 6159

Indy skateshop??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indy skateshop???   Indy skateshop??? EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 10:18 am

No, but if he sold recreational skate stuff, then yes. There is just no market in Indianapolis for aggressive skate products.

I went into that same shop a few years back for bearings and the dumbass that ran the shop kept trying to get me to buy skateboard bearings because that was all they had at the moment. Skateboard bearings may work for some people, but on the few occasions that I have used them in my wheels, I have crushed the sidewalls of all the bearings within 10-15 minutes, rendering them useless.

I reluctantly bought some because I had no alternative place to buy bearings because Galyan's had been bought out by Dick's, and Dick's had already dropped all rollerblading related items. 30 minute skate session FTL. Sad
Back to top Go down
Chris L.

Chris L.

1337 Meter : 5852

Indy skateshop??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indy skateshop???   Indy skateshop??? EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 10:51 am

I know Get Wet in Evansville has sold aggressive skates for at least the last 8 years, so if he has logistics questions, they'd be the guys to ask. If Evansville can support a shop selling them, I would think it's possible for Indy to do it too.

2 cents deposited
Back to top Go down
http://www.lenfert.net
Seth
Admin

1337 Meter : 6176

Indy skateshop??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indy skateshop???   Indy skateshop??? EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 4:31 pm

I think carrying a small variety of aggressive skates(1 or 2 models) and wheels, frames, hardware, etc could be profitable and I would fully support them if they did. I'd give them free advertising on the site!!! I want to talk to this dude... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://indianainline.forumotion.com
EricR

1337 Meter : 6212

Indy skateshop??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indy skateshop???   Indy skateshop??? EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 5:26 pm

Well from what I know he just bought it, I'm going over there tomorrow to hook up some stuff for him. I will talk to him more and find out what he is really trying to do. He did make it sound like he wants aggressive skates though...
Back to top Go down
Owen

Owen

1337 Meter : 5824

Indy skateshop??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indy skateshop???   Indy skateshop??? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 12:57 pm

i'd say if he sold parts it would be good, i.e wheels bearings, frames. prices are just alot lower online for complete skates. that would be sick tho.
Back to top Go down
johnonskates

1337 Meter : 5608

Indy skateshop??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indy skateshop???   Indy skateshop??? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 9:39 pm

the previous owner didnt treat that place like an actual business... their business hours were scant and they weren't even there half the time they were supposed to be. nice to know that shop might actually reliable business hours now.
Back to top Go down
BillB

1337 Meter : 5533

Indy skateshop??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indy skateshop???   Indy skateshop??? EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 12:15 pm

I think selling the consumables (i.e. wheels, bearings, etc.. ) would be smart and even profitable. Complete skates might be a harder sell with the limited market. Also, he definitely needs to take advantage of Seth's free advertising offer. Maybe he could even use this forum for market research to decide which products to stock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Indy skateshop??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indy skateshop???   Indy skateshop??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Indy skateshop???
Page 1 of 1