Indiana Inline
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Indiana Inline

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Latest topics
» I'll be in Indy 'til Sunday
Another Skate Site Thing. EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 11:45 pm by Jake

» Skate 6-13?
Another Skate Site Thing. EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 12:03 pm by EricR

» Any Body In Fishers?
Another Skate Site Thing. EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 12:01 pm by EricR

» West Lafayette weekly night session (details inside)
Another Skate Site Thing. EmptyWed May 16, 2012 10:01 am by Rich

» Black and Blue (small edit) Shot w/ RedCam
Another Skate Site Thing. EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 10:20 pm by dirtyface

» Huge EBAY listing! Valos, salomons, xsjado footwraps, and my muthafuckin wii
Another Skate Site Thing. EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 10:24 pm by Seth

» My section from Quitters.
Another Skate Site Thing. EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 12:46 am by Dan Moroney

» Our new skate couch
Another Skate Site Thing. EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 11:47 pm by Sma

» Chris Lenfert...
Another Skate Site Thing. EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 6:33 pm by EricR

Another Skate Site Thing.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
EricFoust

1337 Meter : 5675

Another Skate Site Thing. Empty
PostSubject: Another Skate Site Thing.   Another Skate Site Thing. EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 12:18 pm

I also have something similar but did not want to go the google route as it is very slow for iPhones so I made this because I mean really when you are out skating trying to think of a spot your not gonna go home to get online your gonna grab your smartphone.

Here in South Bend I have started to create a database of all the Skate Spots around here with information about the spot and pictures. I would like to know if anyone on this board would like to contribute to this database for your town. You can visit the site here http://skatespots.ericfoust.com this is an iPhone/iPod touch optimized site but should work the same with the latest Firefox. If you would like to be involved please email me at eric@ericfoust.com

Soon I will create an online registration form to create new spots. Once reviewed on a weekly basis I will generate the update to the site. I hope to soon allow to automatic spot generation. I just need to figure out what scripting language I want/can use to perform this function.

Please if you want to contribute browse around the state of Indiana to see how the site is formatted and if you have any ideas please I'm all ears.

I see someone else is going something similar. Lets see what we can come up with to make the best of the best. My end goal is to bring it to native applications for smartphones.
Back to top Go down
Owen

Owen

1337 Meter : 5822

Another Skate Site Thing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Skate Site Thing.   Another Skate Site Thing. EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 12:47 pm

i like it. just browsed a couple of spots and it could work, several times it site didn't load properly and i had to refresh the page. but whatever. It would be sick if you were able to know which spots were near your current location like in a google map, i don't know if that could be incorporated. but i would be willing to send you some of the info i have.
Back to top Go down

Another Skate Site Thing.
Page 1 of 1