Indiana Inline
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Indiana Inline

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Latest topics
» I'll be in Indy 'til Sunday
Tearin up the new park!!! EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 11:45 pm by Jake

» Skate 6-13?
Tearin up the new park!!! EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 12:03 pm by EricR

» Any Body In Fishers?
Tearin up the new park!!! EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 12:01 pm by EricR

» West Lafayette weekly night session (details inside)
Tearin up the new park!!! EmptyWed May 16, 2012 10:01 am by Rich

» Black and Blue (small edit) Shot w/ RedCam
Tearin up the new park!!! EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 10:20 pm by dirtyface

» Huge EBAY listing! Valos, salomons, xsjado footwraps, and my muthafuckin wii
Tearin up the new park!!! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 10:24 pm by Seth

» My section from Quitters.
Tearin up the new park!!! EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 12:46 am by Dan Moroney

» Our new skate couch
Tearin up the new park!!! EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 11:47 pm by Sma

» Chris Lenfert...
Tearin up the new park!!! EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 6:33 pm by EricR

Tearin up the new park!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
EricR

1337 Meter : 6229

Tearin up the new park!!! Empty
PostSubject: Tearin up the new park!!!   Tearin up the new park!!! EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 4:46 pm

Everyone come out tomorrow!!! We are meeting at my place and leaving at 9. Any one that doesn't want to meet up here should be there at 930 tomorrow morning. Since this is opening weekend we need to get there early!

Take 465 to the east side and get off on 56th street. Head away from Indy (east) and turn right onto Franklin Rd. The park complex is on the left hand side when you come out of the trees.

We will see you THERE!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Seth
Admin

1337 Meter : 6193

PostSubject: Re: Tearin up the new park!!!   Tearin up the new park!!! EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 6:23 pm

depending on how hung over I am tomorrow I will be there...how's the new park jake?
Back to top Go down
https://indianainline.forumotion.com
VM

VM

1337 Meter : 6176

PostSubject: Re: Tearin up the new park!!!   Tearin up the new park!!! EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 9:30 pm

The park was lame. maybe 3 good parts in the whole place. horrible transitions on all of the embankments, sharp metal burrs on the razor sharp angle iron, the steepest rails you will ever see.

i'll post the interview i had with the Indianapolis Star about how poorly built this thing is when the blurb comes out. Laughing
Back to top Go down
BP

BP

1337 Meter : 5902

PostSubject: Re: Tearin up the new park!!!   Tearin up the new park!!! EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 10:18 am

good im glad im not the only one that feels that most of the newer parks being built around IN are complete cookie cutter crap

almost seems like cities are putting parks up just so they can say 'we have a park for you guys to skate at so you cant say that there isnt any other place to do this sort of thing'
Back to top Go down
VM

VM

PostSubject: Re: Tearin up the new park!!!   Tearin up the new park!!! EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 3:37 pm

here's the article from the Indystar website.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2009911020363

excerpt:

But a handful of in-line skaters and skateboarders doing tricks Sunday morning in the park doubted the park would be an extreme sports magnet unless some improvements were made.

"There are a lot of design flaws," said Vince Morrentino, 28, Indianapolis. "There's no fluid movement through the park, and some of these metal edges need to be ground down. My skates already have some weird grooves in them from skating here."

Morrentino, who said he's been skating more than 13 years and has visited more than 100 skate parks, said local kids likely would continue to use the park, but unless improvements are made, it's unlikely to draw skaters from outside Lawrence.

godammit, i hate it when people don't spell my last name right, especially when I take the time to spell it out very clearly for them. it's supposed to be Morretino, not Morrentino

And i said almost 13 years, and visited close to 100 skateparks internationally. I never said anything about the park not drawing people from outside Lawrence. I said that once people realized it was a very poor design, word of mouth will spread and they wouldn't return. They'd go once and forget about going back.
Back to top Go down
Seth
Admin

1337 Meter : 6193

PostSubject: Re: Tearin up the new park!!!   Tearin up the new park!!! EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 4:29 pm

VM wrote:
here's the article from the Indystar website.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2009911020363

excerpt:

But a handful of in-line skaters and skateboarders doing tricks Sunday morning in the park doubted the park would be an extreme sports magnet unless some improvements were made.

"There are a lot of design flaws," said Vince Morrentino, 28, Indianapolis. "There's no fluid movement through the park, and some of these metal edges need to be ground down. My skates already have some weird grooves in them from skating here."

Morrentino, who said he's been skating more than 13 years and has visited more than 100 skate parks, said local kids likely would continue to use the park, but unless improvements are made, it's unlikely to draw skaters from outside Lawrence.

godammit, i hate it when people don't spell my last name right, especially when I take the time to spell it out very clearly for them. it's supposed to be Morretino, not Morrentino

And i said almost 13 years, and visited close to 100 skateparks internationally. I never said anything about the park not drawing people from outside Lawrence. I said that once people realized it was a very poor design, word of mouth will spread and they wouldn't return. They'd go once and forget about going back.
lolz...
Back to top Go down
https://indianainline.forumotion.com
BP

BP

1337 Meter : 5902

PostSubject: Re: Tearin up the new park!!!   Tearin up the new park!!! EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 4:51 pm

'...ramps built at another location, brought to the park and welded into place...'

just like with pre-fabbed homes...this = complete crap which leads to an overall terrible park layout and feel

'while the $320,500 to pay for the park came from the Fort Harrison Reuse Authority'

man they got ripped off for what they actually got and the space that park takes up

'The move to create the park was inspired in part by complaints from area businesses, which wanted a park to draw away skaters and riders'

haha not in part by...i bet thats the ONLY reason they did it..not because middle school kids thought it would be awesome..im just complaining at this point

..I do love that they threw in the $326 with your quote Laughing

glad I dont have to deal with crappy parks up here in lafayette....ooooh wait nm i do haha ...i miss michigan
Back to top Go down
VM

VM

PostSubject: Re: Tearin up the new park!!!   Tearin up the new park!!! EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 5:07 pm

BP wrote:
'...ramps built at another location, brought to the park and welded into place...'

just like with pre-fabbed homes...this = complete crap which leads to an overall terrible park layout and feel

'while the $320,500 to pay for the park came from the Fort Harrison Reuse Authority'

man they got ripped off for what they actually got and the space that park takes up

'The move to create the park was inspired in part by complaints from area businesses, which wanted a park to draw away skaters and riders'

haha not in part by...i bet thats the ONLY reason they did it..not because middle school kids thought it would be awesome..im just complaining at this point

..I do love that they threw in the $326 with your quote Laughing

glad I dont have to deal with crappy parks up here in lafayette....ooooh wait nm i do haha ...i miss michigan

Yeah, what was that $326 about? I saw it when i was editing my post, and thought it was an Alt + character. In the actual newspaper sitting next to me, there is an ellipsis...

Matt L. said that the 8 ft galvanized fence that surrounds the park cost about $25,000 alone. Lawrence got ripped the fuck off.
Back to top Go down
Rich

Rich

1337 Meter : 5607

PostSubject: Re: Tearin up the new park!!!   Tearin up the new park!!! EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 2:46 pm

I went to the park yesterday. It was complete garbage. The one up here in lafayette is better. What were the angle on those transitions? 70 degrees??? When I went there were about 60 people there. For that little park thats waaaaaay too many people.

I talked to some people about it, Lawrence has been in trouble in the past for owing favors and giving jobs to people that dont know wtf they are doing. This really looks like an obvious case of that, considering other cities (frankfort, noblesville, ect) that use prefab concrete have all gone with the same company and the results were not nearly as bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tearin up the new park!!!   Tearin up the new park!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Tearin up the new park!!!
Page 1 of 1