Indiana Inline
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Indiana Inline

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Latest topics
» I'll be in Indy 'til Sunday
Another new skater in lafayette... EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 11:45 pm by Jake

» Skate 6-13?
Another new skater in lafayette... EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 12:03 pm by EricR

» Any Body In Fishers?
Another new skater in lafayette... EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 12:01 pm by EricR

» West Lafayette weekly night session (details inside)
Another new skater in lafayette... EmptyWed May 16, 2012 10:01 am by Rich

» Black and Blue (small edit) Shot w/ RedCam
Another new skater in lafayette... EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 10:20 pm by dirtyface

» Huge EBAY listing! Valos, salomons, xsjado footwraps, and my muthafuckin wii
Another new skater in lafayette... EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 10:24 pm by Seth

» My section from Quitters.
Another new skater in lafayette... EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 12:46 am by Dan Moroney

» Our new skate couch
Another new skater in lafayette... EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 11:47 pm by Sma

» Chris Lenfert...
Another new skater in lafayette... EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 6:33 pm by EricR

Another new skater in lafayette...

Go down 
+3
Seth
Chris L.
Rich
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rich

Rich

1337 Meter : 5599

Another new skater in lafayette... Empty
PostSubject: Another new skater in lafayette...   Another new skater in lafayette... EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 1:56 pm

Sup, my name is Rich. Im new to lafayette, but im also new to skating. Seth was awesome enough to set me up with some donated skates to get started.

So far im having a lot of fun, today I went to the small skate park out at FCC and landed a front side grind off one of the knee high boxes they have out there. Im having trouble with machio and soul but today was the first day I tried them lol. I think im going to buy a pair of razor cult 9s.

cheers If you guys got any starter skater tips ill take some. cheers

Also I wanted to say thanks again to Seth for hooking me up!
Back to top Go down
Chris L.

Chris L.

1337 Meter : 5861

PostSubject: Re: Another new skater in lafayette...   Another new skater in lafayette... EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 4:25 pm

stay loose, tensing up never helps when you're going to crash. A constant bend in the knees helps a lot. Glad to see another person enjoying skating. Kick ass hookup Seth.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lenfert.net
Seth
Admin

1337 Meter : 6185

PostSubject: Re: Another new skater in lafayette...   Another new skater in lafayette... EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 6:58 pm

hell yeah richie rich!!! No problem man...glad to help out. Make sure to throw a shoutout to Owen when you have a minute...the frames were his and some other various parts. My only tip is to keep at it and try and visualize your tricks as much as possible before you do them. Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
https://indianainline.forumotion.com
BP

BP

1337 Meter : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Another new skater in lafayette...   Another new skater in lafayette... EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 7:22 pm

welcome Rich...great skates to start out on....we should setup a LAF session one of these days...there appears to be others from Lafayette on here (including myself)
Back to top Go down
Seth
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another new skater in lafayette...   Another new skater in lafayette... EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 7:36 pm

bpboiler wrote:
welcome Rich...great skates to start out on....we should setup a LAF session one of these days...there appears to be others from Lafayette on here (including myself)
let me know if you guys set something up so I can put it up on the main page in case there are any other lurking bladers who haven't met anybody
Back to top Go down
Jake
Admin

1337 Meter : 5808

PostSubject: Re: Another new skater in lafayette...   Another new skater in lafayette... EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 8:19 pm

hell yah.
stick with skating man.
youll thank me
Back to top Go down
Eric
Admin

1337 Meter : 5888

PostSubject: Re: Another new skater in lafayette...   Another new skater in lafayette... EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 9:26 am

Most of the Laff people I know are home for the summer, but dirtyface and will bean are still down to skate a lot.

I'll be sure to post it up when we have sessions next school year, the laff crew is getting bigger.
Back to top Go down
dirtyface

dirtyface

1337 Meter : 5807

PostSubject: Re: Another new skater in lafayette...   Another new skater in lafayette... EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 10:41 pm

hit me up bro me n will skate quite a bit, i just had my 2nd son so its gonna be that much harder for me to get out but night sessions havent been a problem yet (for me but the girlfriends hate it)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theoneandonlybmg
Rich

Rich

PostSubject: Re: Another new skater in lafayette...   Another new skater in lafayette... EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 12:09 am

Got my cult 9s just in time for the weekend. Going to go hit up the fcc park early tomorrow. Still working on being comfortable. Got size 10s and they are nice and snug, but they are kinda hard to get into, gotta breakm in.
Back to top Go down
Rich

Rich

PostSubject: Re: Another new skater in lafayette...   Another new skater in lafayette... EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 1:37 pm

Progress report:

Alright so ive been hitting the park once week. Only once cuz after im freakn sore all week lol. So far I can frontside. Im trying it fakie too. Ive done machios but only like 1ft so not sure it counts. today i tried a royal, i did it but almost slid out twice. As far as dropping in, i did it on a 3 with no coping and into wood. I tried on a 3 with couping into concrete, my left leg effed up somehow and i kinda twisted it and smashed my hand. pics:

http://img18.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=image040x.jpg

Im going to keep practicing on the one i can drop in on till im comfortable to drop in on the other. Should i invest in glove? or somthing. Also was doing a grab up an incline but cant transition it yet. I dont know what the grab is called, you grab the outside of the skate. Pretty simple
Back to top Go down
dirtyface

dirtyface

PostSubject: Re: Another new skater in lafayette...   Another new skater in lafayette... EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 4:47 pm

sick bro keep skatin, if u live close to campus u should call my cell (765-412-3334) cuz me and at least will r going to skate campus probably, gloves r sick i wear weightlifting gloves sumtimes so i dont get tetnis if i slip off a rusty rail n need to catch myself lol, get at me bro keep it up, im willing to help u out neway i can
Back to top Go down
Eric
Admin

1337 Meter : 5888

PostSubject: Re: Another new skater in lafayette...   Another new skater in lafayette... EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 12:03 pm

I found out I'm comin back on the 15th or so, so I'll be down to roll any time. Andy's comin back the 15th too, don't know about the others
Back to top Go down
dirtyface

dirtyface

PostSubject: Re: Another new skater in lafayette...   Another new skater in lafayette... EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 7:58 pm

sickness got my balls bak the otha night then got overly confident on a small drop rail n jsut busted my ass, but in will beans own words "dude if u can just get up from that ur fuckin indestructible" lol it was pretty bad tho, u shoulda been there haha
Back to top Go down
Rich

Rich

PostSubject: Re: Another new skater in lafayette...   Another new skater in lafayette... EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 10:54 pm

Sorry i keep bailing on skating lol. Im starting to like the skatepark tho. Getting better at the basics. Also someone waxed up one of the ledges and it slides a lot better. Im still working on dropping in and...turning right. rofl. however i have machio'd and fakie frontsided. I took a look at some pics of the Purdue campus and it looks really nice.
Back to top Go down
Seth
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another new skater in lafayette...   Another new skater in lafayette... EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 1:20 am

good to see you're still skating rich...keep it up man. It's nice to see that lafayette is growing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another new skater in lafayette...   Another new skater in lafayette... Empty

Back to top Go down

Another new skater in lafayette...
Page 1 of 1