Indiana Inline
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Indiana Inline

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » I'll be in Indy 'til Sunday
    Balance Issue #1 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 11:45 pm by Jake

» Skate 6-13?
    Balance Issue #1 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 12:03 pm by EricR

» Any Body In Fishers?
    Balance Issue #1 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 12:01 pm by EricR

» West Lafayette weekly night session (details inside)
    Balance Issue #1 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 10:01 am by Rich

» Black and Blue (small edit) Shot w/ RedCam
    Balance Issue #1 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 10:20 pm by dirtyface

» Huge EBAY listing! Valos, salomons, xsjado footwraps, and my muthafuckin wii
    Balance Issue #1 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 10:24 pm by Seth

» My section from Quitters.
    Balance Issue #1 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 12:46 am by Dan Moroney

» Our new skate couch
    Balance Issue #1 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 11:47 pm by Sma

» Chris Lenfert...
    Balance Issue #1 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 6:33 pm by EricR

Balance Issue #1

Go down 
    3 posters
    AuthorMessage
    VM

VM

1337 Meter : 6160

Balance Issue #1 Empty
    PostSubject: Balance Issue #1   Balance Issue #1 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 3:16 pm

So, has any read it yet? Can I get some feedback?

Below is a link to the online version, but it should be known that the more people download it from the main Be-Mag site, to better the chances that the owners of Be-Mag will want to do future issues. And future issues means more exposure for Indiana, as I will be sneaking in Indiana skaters in future issues cyclops cyclops cyclops

Link: http://issuu.com/k2rolla/docs/balance_magazine_issue_1
    Back to top Go down
    Seth
    Admin

1337 Meter : 6177

Balance Issue #1 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Balance Issue #1   Balance Issue #1 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 4:57 pm

I think it's a really cool concept Vince...I'd say stay focused on the message of the magazine and the design aspects will fall in place. I still haven't had a chance to read the interviews but I read some peoples comments on be-mag and I'm definately looking forward to reading it. The overall asthetics of the mag did seem way too busy and a little distracting but I wouldn't say it was bad. I liked u am snookems layout the best. Keep up the good work and keep improving!
    Back to top Go down
    https://indianainline.forumotion.com
    VM

VM

1337 Meter : 6160

Balance Issue #1 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Balance Issue #1   Balance Issue #1 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 9:13 pm

Ahh, the best constructive criticism yet Very Happy

truth be told, I really slapped a lot of shit together with the thought that I was livening up certain parts of the magazine when the content really spoke for itself. A combination of anxiety and being overly critical of myself didn't help, but when I was asking around for ideas and input with the original idea, no one came forward and offered any assistance.

so i said fuck it, and did what i want, made it look how i wanted it to look. but now that it's out there, i am getting the idea that i should cater more to a target audience, instead of catering to the personalities of the authors and interview subjects. i made Haffey's section the way i did because it fits his personality, the same with Michael's story. With Matt's, I just really tried to keep it simple and let his artwork be the eyecandy.

i actually really like the cover because it goes outside the norm of what you'd expect on the cover of a rollerblading publication. the next one will be simpler, though.

i am trying to take interviewing pros to a more personal level than what you'd find in the Be-Mag print magazine and in One. They have become complacent with mediocre and bland filler style interviews, almost like they are afterthoughts. i just want to give rollerbladers something different to read and look at besides the same old shit. can't fault me for that. Very Happy
    Back to top Go down
    Jake
    Admin

1337 Meter : 5800

Balance Issue #1 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Balance Issue #1   Balance Issue #1 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 12:18 am

neos part made me lol
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

Balance Issue #1 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Balance Issue #1   Balance Issue #1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Balance Issue #1
    Page 1 of 1